Thursday, August 4, 2005

Weird Dreams

I had strange dreams last night about searching for a copy of Astonishing X-Men in this comic shop. In my dream, I was in this comic shop, and I was sure I'd seen a copy in the window, but when I went in they told me they had no more copies.

I asked if I could have the copy in the window, but they told me I could only have it if I could "get it".

First, they made me stretch for it. So I had to stand, and close my eyes, and just try to reach for it, even though it was at least four or five feet away. I closed my eyes, and imagined myself stretching, and I could picture every elasticized superhero in my head. I thought I could actually feel my arm stretching. 

But when I opened my eyes, my arm hadn't stretched. Fie on you, Mr. Fantastic.

So instead, they were like, "Well, you can go under". What it was was a see-through plexiglass maze. I got down on my hands and knees and wriggled through it, while the comic book shop guys just watched. I finally grabbed the comic and returned, exuberant!

When I realized, to my chagrin, that it was really ULTIMATE X-Men. And not Astonishing.

So, I kept rummaging through the piles, until finally I found something that said Astonishing X-Men - Life Without Xavier

But I opened it up, and it was colored balls in water. Like those old games where you use a flipper and knock the balls around the water. One of the comic book guys came over, and said "You know, that's for the PSP"

And I said, "Lies. This is a water toy." 

And that... was the end of the dream.


... On that note. I could really use some comics. Especially Astonishing X-Men. I'd finished through Issue 10 before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment