Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Grrr. Argh.

Okay. So I'm seven hours ahead. It's rare that I'm awake and free when other people are.

So, when Mason sent me an email and I was like "Woa, he's awake, I'm awake!" I thought it might be nice to revisit Instant Messenger.

How foolish I was. Foo-Lish.

Not only does my connection stink, but I'm left at this end, feeling annoyed, unsatisfied and generally so distant because having this urgency of concurrent awakeness, along with the lack of proper connection reminds me how far away from everyone I know and love. 

And it hit me. Again. The sadness. The distance. I'm suddenly tired, and I'm contemplating closing and locking my door and taking a nap. I'm supposed to be working for another 30 minutes, and I just can't do it. I have gotten some stuff done today.

Annoyingly, the Volunteer Handbook that I spent time updating seems to refuse to open on the director's PC. 

The weather is finally clearing up today too. I sort of wish that more time had elapsed, so that I could go to the mailbox and fetch letters and have all my spirits lifted. But alas, it's too early for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment