Friday, July 22, 2005

Ahoy!

This is my first post from Africa

Ta da! 

I just checked my email, and I want to send love and hugs to drdelirium for her fabulous e-card and nice thoughts! They're much appreciated!

I did actually write a whole bunch of posts on Allure while I was on the plane, but this internet cafe doesn't seem to have wireless so I'm using an incredibly slow PC.

The long story short: Flight was fine, if not a little turbulent. The food definitely left something to be desired.

I finished Harry Potter. I flew over one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in Italy while we stopped for food & fuel and I saw desert stretching further than the eye can see.

I'm impossibly excited. Being in the Addis airport and being back in Africa fill me with nostalgia, and I just can't wait to get off the plane in Entebbe in... 10 hours. Gah! still so much flying to do!

Luckily I also brought "Wicked" to read.

Anyway, the only thing quelling my excitement at all is a bit of homesickness... Realizing that the times I've seen you all last, ... well, that they'll be the last in a long time. Wow, what a convoluted sentence.

I'll post again once I get set up in Entebbe, and hopefully post my plane-entries.

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment