Tuesday, July 26, 2005

GMail, Oh So Hateful!

Okay, well, Gmail still hates me and is giving me the "Server Error" error, which is either easy to fix or not. I mean, this guy lost his email for 7 days!! And it seems like all the people who "fixed" the problem just did totally arbitrary things. 

Clearly emptying my cache and my cookies had no effect, because it seems to be multiple-computer-wide.

I'll just hope that it will clear itself up in a day or so. Or rather, in an additional day or so.

I had an appointment at the doctor today at 9 am for my x-ray, so it makes perfect sense that when Richard, the project director, called them they told me the first available appointment was at 11 am. 

So, since I had a little bit of time, I walked into town (despite my many offers of a ride, which I think I'll chronicle in my next Muzungu). I stopped at the Post Office to get a post box, and discovered that I needed passport photos and a reference, so I'll have Richard refer me and I've already stopped at a little photomart to take my passport photos.

It's 25,000 Ushs to get a post box for a year, which is like... $12? Doesn't that rock? 

So now I have some time while they make my passport photos, and I have to get envelopes to mail various letters, along with finding "grade b" hospital by 11. Not very comforting that the two hospitals are referred to as "grade a" and "grade b", huh? So, I'm sitting in an internet cafe which has reliable wireless to my great excitement, but... of course no one is online.

Anyway, I'm clearly continuing my tradition of posting oodles and oodles. Here's me, signing out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment