Friday, July 29, 2005

Where is Everyone?

The day has just been getting better, and certainly my spirits have perked.

It helped that I really didn't get much accomplished today, but I did go over pending things with Liz and certainly getting PayPal set up here will be crucial. As it stands now, they only accept bank transfers for payment, and wow, does that limit your clientele.

There are still a few things which I need to go over with her, but tomorrow we're focusing on island crafts. Then Sunday, I'm meeting with Dani, the trainer from Beads for Life, and we're going to go over quality standards.

My one annoyance is the inability to upload pictures.. the connection here is simply just too slow. It stalls sometimes when I'm trying to send an email, let alone a group of pictures that are nearly 1 MB each. 

I'm thinking maybe tomorrow I'll walk into town and see if I can connect my machine at the internet cafe in town. Or rather, one of them, because there are MANY! 
I've also still got to stop by the local hotel and see if I can cut some sort of deal to swim everyday after work for the next year... So many things to do! 

I did finally set up my gmail POP client (thanks, bkleber!!) and it's so nice to not have to wait for it to connect to gmail and tell me half the time that gmail doesn't exist. 

I've set up Mail to just look for email on its own, so, when the network is down, it fails, and when it's up, it transfers emails by itself.

Not like anyone minus like 2 or 3 people is emailing me! [/nag] I mean, no wonder I'm feeling forgotten :P

Speaking of forgotten, there is this really gross bug dancing around on the table in front of me, which basically looks like a maggot with wings. It might be dying or something but it's flopping around like a fish out of water. Weird. Also, you might notice that that was the worst segué ever.

I'm getting especially excited about taking over now, and throwing myself into work. 

They gave me a 12" powerbook g4 that someone had donated to the sanctuary to fix up. That had been sitting in a box for a YEAR. Honestly. It was covered in DUST! It made me want to cry.

The machine isn't terrible.. it's got a 40 GB harddrive and 867mhz processor. But it's got 256mb of RAM, which sucks. It really didn't have any programs on it, so I fixed it up. It's still running OS 10.2.3 too, which Suckkkks.

It's still a nice machine, and I should be able to get it up and running for the staff here. Oh, does anyone have an Airport card they'd be willing to donate to the sanctuary?

I'd make you a Friend of the Sanctuary, and you'd get a tax deduction! :D

Anyway, tomorrow is another day of work with Liz. I also need to eventually send out an email with my contact details to non-LJ people. 

And hopefully get my blog onto my website one way or another! 

So, yea. End of today remarkably better. I think a big contribution is the ignoring of AIM. 

Onto tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment