Friday, July 29, 2005


I figured out why I was so especially lonely last night.

When I was on the island, everyone was chatty, and friendly, and interactive and social. I was new, so everyone was interested in conversing with me.

But at the house, I'm sort of new, and really the odd woman out. Of the four other people staying here, two of them are family members, and the other two have been friends for a while.

I don't want to come to Kampala, but it just feels strange to be akin to the invisible housemate. Plus, not having anyone to talk to, coupled with no emails to answer and poor net connection leading to bad AIMing...

Just very isolating.

I feel a little better today, with everyone being around. I need to go over things with Liz, so I'm sort of just waiting for her to be ready cause she's got phonecalls and the like.

I just sent off gads of postcards and letters today. Well, not gads. But if you're a lucky recipient, please don't throw them away. And if you don't want to keep them, just give them back. I like having my chronicles later to review when I'm old and boring.

Anyway, I'm sure people haven't even read my late-night-lonely post because they were sleeping when I wrote it, and that, most likely, they're still asleep now.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment